Release 3.124 Beta

Release 3.124 (10 July 2019)

• Flowx now shows radar if you own RainViewer Pro. This is a good option for Free and Bronze users to get radar

• Fixed radar loading bug and force refresh

• Short 12 hour format (e.g., 10pm) setting

• Fixed map loading issues

4 Likes

Hi, as of today I left 1 day -1 in the time span to check yesterday radar but I don’t see any info of radar. Do I have to do something? I do own RVpro

2 Likes

@neavilag on Flowx have you gone to the 3 dots upper right corner selected edit place selected the plus sign then selected radar?

2 Likes

Hi @neavilag,

Have you seen radar in the past and it’s disappeared? or is this the first time you’ve tried radar?

If it’s the former, turn off everything except radar, then do a force refresh via the top right menu.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

Also can you see any radar is you add another place far away and without -1 day hindcast?

3 Likes

Hi. I used radar before. and even show where there was coverage right now my map is empty right now there is radar activity and I cannot see what happened last night that I know was heavy rain in my area. I remember seeing that before that’s why I put the model to show one day before -1.

1 Like

@neavilag what version of android you using?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an issue with Android versions - not yet anyway.

It’s most likely a network/download issue.

@neavilag, did you do a force refresh via the top right menu? You may have to click “Refresh” twice to get the option for a force refresh.

Cheers, Duane.

3 Likes

@duane when my thought train derails I blame android. I’m sorry for lack of sleep concentration on the help front. The old saying goes no excuses :joy: but having issues with my back I go in next month for an epidural :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Epidural, that’s serious - and not fun.

3 Likes

@duane wish I knew how to code, I know when I update or work on the html website for my ham/amateur radio group I get in a zone and for a short time I forget about hurting

2 Likes

You should do a small project in Python. It’s pretty easy.

There are some good websites teaching how to code, like CodeCombat and many other ones. Whenever I learn something new (my recently one was the Vue framework), I just find a good tutorial or online course.

It’s good to have a small project you’re very interested in.

4 Likes

I mastered hello world :joy:

3 Likes

@duane will look more into it Thanks

2 Likes

I got update problems with radar map, only with update -> force refresh the actual radar map data got loaded.
After an App -> Clear Cache and a restart of my device the radar map gets updated automatically again.
Just want to let you know about this

4 Likes

@tiwag seems a few are experiencing similar issue @duane is going to try smaller tiles to see if it fixes the issue.

4 Likes

Thanks. In the next release, which should be in beta today, I’ll reduce the size of the radar tiles from 500x500 to 250x250, i.e., 4 times less. This should reduce the size of tile downloads and the requirements when loading each tile, which will give a perceived quicker load.

We’ll see if this helps.

Radar is quite different to the other data (e.g., GFS) hence the teething issues. We will iron them kinks out over time. Thanks for the feedback and patience.

Cheers, Duane.

4 Likes

I got the exact same behavior, ie after reboot it worked and then @duane replied:

3 Likes

That Duane guy is a optimist but also a realist :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks radar works now. Got an update last night.

One suggestion for radar as is observed data:

If I swipe more into the future after last frame I loose the last information. Maybe keep showing the last frame. I know the API gives you the time stamps of the data to show so maybe keep that last time stamp ready to check if you are forwarding after that, show the last.

These will make anyone easier to get the last Radar frame.

I just keep asking, :slight_smile: any chance of rain accumulation last h, 6h, 24h for example? Since radar is there, could be very good to have both based on model and based on reflectivity. :wink:

2 Likes