When launching the app for the first time in a while

Beyond what @jolley described regarding radar:

I’m experiencing that regardless of if the Flowx app have been running in the background or not, when launching the app for the first time in a while it not only fails to display the newest radar, but also is not showing the current time.

I like the suggested behavior proposed by @duane.

My experience is that we are not quite back there yet, and currently the fist ting i do, basically every time I open Flowx, regardless of if

• the Flowx app have been running in the background
  • or not,

is to close it, and open it again, in order to:

• display current time
  • with the latest radar.

Now that the first version of the

is out, (awesome btw!) I’m voting for attention been drawn to polishing this issue, since it is causing a bit of frustration nearly every time the app is opened.

I can imagine the frustration. It’s not clear how many users see this issue because I cannot replicate it.

I believe the origins of this bug is due to the addition of radar. Before that I would only check for new data every 10-15 minutes. When I added radar I had to reduce the check time to a few minutes only when radar was on. I tacked this on alongside the existing 10 minute check. This is where, I believe, the bug is.

My solution is to merge or rewrite the code for these two checks.

Fortunately, I’ve finished adding big features and will focus on bugs, stability, speed, polish and growth.

2 Likes

Fortunately I only use GFS, HRR and CMC Models and see no issue with Radar.

1 Like