How to turn on radar?

I upgraded to Gold and want to check the radar feature. The help section says to double tap the time icon at the top left of the map. I do that the map resets to the current time but nothing else happens. If I press and hold I can edit the icons. Can’t see anything similar in the forum. I have tried several points on the globe in case it’s a data location thing. I am using a Samsung Android Tablet.
How do I get radar on please?

2 Likes

See Help section: Edit Data.

Go to top right corner, 3 dots.
Select Edit Data
Scroll down to Radar
Select Radar Reflectivity
This adds the Radar icon to bottom of map
Finally, select the radar icon
Done

2 Likes

Thanks very much Alex.
Someone should change the help page.

2 Likes

don’t forget to go to time add how many days back like - 1 - 2 etc

1 Like

Thanks for the tip BrianLY-38. Not sure if I would ever have found that in “Edit Place” had you not told me it was possible.
Someone should update the help page.

3 Likes

Maybe putting a link in the help section for “RainViewer Radar” that is referencing to the “Map data” page (under “Using Flowx” in the help) would be enough?

1 Like

Once you get radar on your map, and start wondering what you are seeing, then here is an informative thread for you:

1 Like

Thanks Ohan. Radar is such a good feature. I went through all the settings when I first i stalled this app 2 years ago and then I forgot about all the non free features. I tried the trial version a year ago but never realised there was a radar feature. Now I bought the Gold subscription I was going to give feedback about how cool it would be to have radar when I found this forum and realised it was already there!
Am I the only one who did not know about this feature?! I think it’s because it is only mentioned in the Silver subscription list that I overlooked it when buying Gold. Maybe a splash screen listing all the newly paid for features after upgrading would help people like me!

2 Likes

It’s not the first time this has been discussed.

I agree that it could be clearer in the app, I think it’s clearer on the homepage: Pro Version - Flowx

It comes down to how the dev @duane should spend his time to bring the most value to the app.

See:

1 Like

Is there a splash card?
It was so long ago that I upgraded that I don’t remember.

Also the list of all the features included in gold is so long that it will not fit on one screen… :grin:

1 Like